Who are Secured by Design?
Established in 1989, Secured by Design (SBD) is the title for a group of national police projects focusing on the design and security for new and refurbished homes, commercial premises and car parks as well as the acknowledgement of quality security products and crime prevention projects. It supports the principles of 'designing out crime' through physical security and processes.
Secured by Design works with the industry and test houses to create high level security standards, responding to trends in crime, and has given input on a number of key standards. The principles of the scheme have been proven to reduce the risk of crime and the fear of crime.
Product licensing scheme
Secured by Design member company status is awarded to companies producing security products that pass standards and tests nominated by the police service. The standards and related tests must demonstrate the product effectiveness in preventing or reducing crime, usually by resistance to physical attack. Secured by Design does not sell or provide any guarantees in respect of the product; it is the attack test standard that we support.
Licensed products include: bicycle security solutions, anti-theft devices, personal security and lone worker devices, windows, doors and locks, IT and computer security, empty property protection, asset tracking and recovery, and many more.
Secured by Design status is restricted to companies or products that have been successfully tested to the high standards set by Secured by Design and meet Police Preferred Specification. The following Maypole products have met this criteria:
- SH5420 Stronghold 40/50mm Towing Eye Lock
- SH5436 Stronghold Alloy Wheel Clamp
- SH5438 Stronghold Atlas Wheel Clamp
- SH5431 Stronghold Strong Arm Wheel Clamp
- SH5415 Stronghold Hitchlock for Knott & Avonride Hitches
- SH5417 Stronghold Hitchlock for Bradley Autohead Hitches
- SH5412 Stronghold Hitchlock for Alko Hitches
- SH7665, SH7664 & SH7662 Stronghold Locking Wheel Bolts
- SH5414 Stronghold Hitchlock for Winterhoff WS3000 Hitches
For more information, visit the Secured by Design website.